History

The JC Battle Funeral Home was founded by Mr. J.C. Battle, Sr. and his wife, Mrs. Theresa Battle in 1932, as Copeland & Battle, located at 832 Barr Street in Cincinnati.

At the passing of Mr. Copeland, the funeral home became Neil & Battle in 1933.  It was in 1934 that it became JC Battle & Sons Funeral Home, and so it has remained for almost 75 years.

In 1934, we were located at 838 West 7th Street.  In 1960, we moved to our present location at 543 Rockdale Avenue in Avondale, where we continue to serve the entire Greater Cincinnati community with the utmost respect and care.

See what others are saying about J.C. Battle and Sons - click here

For an article about President Obama in Cincinnati - click here